Pages

Friday, August 2, 2013

Friday Favorites! 3

 
Hey guys! Here are 5 things that I am LOVING right now!  
 

Chevron Printed Burlap!!
Of course we all know how huge the chevron pattern has become lately and I am loving that it is being printed on just about everything! At my local Hobby Lobby store you can get 1"-5" thick, chevron printed burlap ribbon in just about any color! And it's all under $6! Hobby Lobby also just opened their online store so if you don't have one near you, you're in luck!
 

Midi Rings
I am so obsessed with these above the knuckle rings called Midi Rings!! Especially in the gold color! I have been buying most of mine at Forever 21. They are so cute and you normally get 2 for $4!! Here is a link to their Midi Ring page online!


MAC Fix+
I am a big fan of MAC cosmetics and I had been hearing a lot of hype over their makeup setting spray. Honestly I just thought it was yet another unnecessary makeup item to add to my morning routine. I happened to stop at the mall where we have a MAC pro store. I asked one of their makeup artists what their TRUE opinion was of the spray and they said that it was a must! Now, I was still skeptical, wondering if they were just trying to sell me to get their commission. But, I bought it anyway and let me tell you, I. LOVE. IT!!!! My makeup is not finished until I spray my face with this wonderful stuff! I have found that it not only sets all of my makeup so that it doesn't budge all day, but it helps to blur and blend any harsh lines from my contour, blush, and highlight. It also leaves a beautiful dewy finish to your skin. Plus, it smells great! This is a must try product for only $20!  

The Balm Mary Lou Manizer
This is the best highlighter I have ever used! It is definitely a little pricey at $25, but it is only $12 on Haute Look today!!! I have tried products from $1-$25 and they have pretty much all been 'good' highlighters, but this one is incredible! It gives my face the most beautiful glow. It is also great for below the brow and the inner corner of the eye. You can find this online at Sephora, Amazon, any many other places. Although it is expensive, this will last you at least 6 months, if not an entire year. It is so pigmented that you only need a little bit to make a huge difference.
(If you are wondering how to use a powder highlight, and are interested in a tutorial, please comment below!!)

Stila Lip Glaze
I heard about these Lip Glaze's in Ulta's recent mailer. They had an ad for 3 for $15 which is actually their everyday price and ONLY at Ulta! I thought that was such a great deal on Stila cosmetics that I had to try them out. I think they have 15 colors to choose from and if you go to an Ulta store, they have testers that you can swatch on your hand to find the right colors for you. I love that they look and feel like a gloss, but they have the pigmentation of a lipstick. They stay on my lips for a very long time too!
Don't be afraid to try a fun color...I used to be a nude/pink lip girl until one day I decided to just try something more bold. Once I did, I loved it and now I wear all kinds of colors! Most people say to me that they are scared to try a bold color, and my response is always, what is there to be scared of? If you don't like it, you can return it (yes, you can return makeup anywhere if you live in the US. If you don't love it, take it back!), it washes off, and you can try it in the privacy of your own home (in case you don't want any one to see)! There is really no commitment involved! Just have fun with it!
 
And one more tip, NO MAKEUP PRODUCT ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE IT LOOKS (confused? Let me elaborate...) If you look at a lipstick in the tube, it looks like a certain color, but if you take that lipstick and swatch it (apply it on the backside of your hand), it will look completely different! Same with eye shadow, blush, bronzer, you name it! I will not buy a makeup product before swatching it first, nor will I judge a color before swatching it. Try it...it just may change the way you buy makeup :)
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment