Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

Girly Garden Nursery

I recently worked on this nursery for a baby girl! The client had already painted the walls green and had bought some crib bedding that was green and pink paisley. She wanted my help in pulling the room together so I went with a girly garden theme. Here are some pictures and tips on how to customize a nursery on a budget!

I really wanted to use white curtains to break up the green walls. These were store bought panels from Lowe's ($24.99/pair).

I then added this cute pink and white ruffle trim detail! I have this style curtain available in my Etsy store!

Tip: When adding detail to the bottom of curtains, measure where your window sill height begins and start your trim there! Then your eye is drawn along that line!

I also added the ruffle trim detail to the arm pockets on the rocker!

To make this simple, store bought rocker feel more custom I added cute pink flower buttons to the back of the cushion and the ruffle detail to the arms (above). Then draped it with a bright pink blanket!

I added these new green polka dot knobs to the dresser for a fun custom look! Only $1.99 each at Hobby Lobby! Tip: I always change out the knobs on every peice of furniture I purchase, old or new! It is such a fun, inexpensive way to add personality and character!

My client had already placed this decal on the wall, but it needed something more...so I added these white 3-D metal butterflies around the verse! These butterflies are from Target and only $19.99 for a large set!



To add to our garden theme, I placed cherry blossom silk flowers in a white watering can and a cute pink bird house on the dresser. I found this great 'window pane' mirror at Hobby Lobby for only $20! Tip: Adding a mirror to any space will help to bounce light around the room and make it feel a lot larger!

It is not completely finished yet, but with just a few of these simple, inexpensive touches the room looks much more cozy and pulled together! Remember, just because something is store bought and a finished product, it doesn't mean that it can't be changed or added to! Think outside the box and make it your own!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment