Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Cranberry Lime Sangria



Over the Holiday, my husband and I decided to have his parents over for Christmas Eve dinner. I knew exactly what I wanted to make and I will be sharing that a little later, but let's just skip right to the best part, what we made to DRINK!


I came across a recipe in Taste of Home magazine for Cranberry Lime Sangria. The photo alone had me drooling. We made it in the morning so it could soak up all of the fresh fruit juices. It turned out to be such a refreshing, fun Holiday drink, but you could really make it for any occasion and you could probably even make it without alcohol if you'd prefer!


Cranberry Lime Sangria

-Cook 2 cups water with 1 cup cranberries over medium heat until they burst...about 5 min

-Drain, discard the liquid, and set aside

-Combine 1 bottle Spumante (sparkling white wine), 3/4C frozen limeade concentrate, 1 diced apple, 1 diced orange, 1 diced lime, 1 liter citrus soda (we used Sun Drop), and cooked cranberries.

-Mix together and refridgerate for a few hours (it can be served right away over ice, but better if you let it sit for a while.)

- I like to make pretty drinks like this in a clear pitcher so you can see all of the colors of the fresh fruits!


And ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment