Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Traditional Texas Styling

 

Last week I worked with a client that was in need of some decor styling to pull her living room and kitchen together. She has a very traditional Texas style. Here are some photos of how I pulled it all off on a budget!
 
These curtain rods were already hung by the previous owner so I needed to find a curtain length of 105". And, if you have ever shopped for premade panels longer than 84", you know that they are pretty hard to find. Especially on a budget. When I found these beautiful cranberry red curtains at 94", I couldn't pass them up. So, I bought one extra panel and cut it to sew on the extra length. I then used a rope trim to cover the seam! They turned out beautiful!
 
 

The mantel was already on the fireplace, so I added a piece of fabric on top and then styled the decor at different heights.
 
Also in the living room was a built in TV unit. I used many types of decor including books and photos to style each shelf. Here is the before and after.
 
 
In the kitchen, I used a mix of what my client already owned and what I had purchased. This is a before and after of one side of the kitchen.
 

In traditional styling, greenery, plates, and pots play a huge role.

I like to treat each cabinet section as its own and create a small grouping of decor above each one.
 
 
 
 
 
And to finish it all off, I made these small valances to top of each window. I found a stripe dupioni silk that had all of the colors from our color palette. We hung them slightly higher than the window to make the window look taller and topped of each valance with a metal scroll piece to draw the eye up!
 
 
I hope you were inspired by this post and got some ideas of your own, whether this is your design style or not!
 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment