Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

Gorgeous Transitional Living Room!

Last week I wrapped up a living room design project for a new client! I am so excited to show you all the before and after photos! It took about 6 weeks of shopping and planning, but once I had everything, the room came together beautifully! It has a very neutral pallet of brown, grey, and cream. And the overall feel of the space is transitional (a mix between traditional and modern). I also wanted to play with the balance of masculine and feminine since this is the home of a young married couple. I hope you love it as much as I do!

Here is the space before and the space after. They purchased new leather furniture and the rest was a blank slate! That is my favorite kind of project to do!

Behind the couch I did a small sofa table for lamps. Lamp lighting is HUGE in every space! I never like to turn on those intense overhead lights!

Whenever I am working with leather furniture, I try to soften it by adding as many textiles as I can. In this case, the rug, the tufted ottoman, and pillows played a huge role in making this space warm and inviting!

You can see the rug has a more feminine feel while the curtains look like grey suiting for a more masculine feel. And the ottoman not only is great to put your feet up on after a long day, but it opens for storage! I added a small tray on top for a solid surface to place a drink on.

I used a small rustic wood and metal round side table to act as a barrier between the couch and chair. It is also a great place for a little decor and to hold drinks! 



So, what do you think? 
This entire room was done on a budget too! As a designer, I pride myself on being an excellent bargain shopper and I always treat my clients how I would treat myself when it comes to saving money! With all of the discount stores we have available to us today, there is no need to spend thousands of dollars on one space alone! Design should be accessible to everyone! And I make sure that my personal labor fees fit within your budget as well. So, if you are in the Dallas area, and looking for a savvy, inexpensive interior designer, please email me! jennifer@stylewithwisdom.net
 

No comments:

Post a Comment