Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

The Perfect Valentine's Day Gift Basket!

*This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LoveOurVDay #CollectiveBias



How to Build the Perfect Valentine's Day Gift Basket!

Valentine's Day Gift Basket Tutorial



My husband and I have been married for almost 9 years now and we have celebrated 11 Valentine's Days together! Of course before we had kids and full time jobs, Valentine's Day seemed to come so easy! But now, as parents of 3, homeowners, and full time careers, we have to find creative ways to build intimacy in our relationship! I am sure so many of you mamas out there can relate! I have read books, articles, blog posts, etc. all sharing ideas on how to keep that closeness and passion in your relationship.
What I have found works best in my relationship is to show my husband how significant he is! I try to take little notes on my phone if he ever mentions needing or wanting something, as well as mental notes when he says he likes something. So, when I went to build this Valentine's Day Basket for my husband, I wanted to keep those things in mind. This way he would be pleasantly surprised by how personalized the items in the basket were to him!




Let's get started!

I hit my local Target store for inspiration and gift items to put in my basket!
I always start my Target shopping trips in the very front of the store where they have their Dollar Spot deals! (If you have not shopped this little section, you are SO missing out!)
The very first thing I spotted was this wooden basket. I knew this was the perfect basket to hold my gifts. It felt a little more masculine than your traditional Valentine's Day basket.

Valentine's Day Gift Basket Tutorial





Then I worked my way back to the Valentine's Day section. This year they are calling it LOVETACULAR and you absolutely cannot miss it in store!

Valentine's Day Gift Basket Tutorial trail mix in mason jar
I found this Valentine's trail mix and knew immediately that it had to be one of my gifts. My husband loves trail mix! I decided to place the trail mix in a mason jar (for a more masculine feel) and then wrapped some candy striped rope (also found in the Dollar Spot section at Target) around the top.






Valentine's Day Gift Basket Tutorial
This candle was also in the Dollar Spot section, and who doesn't like a little candle light to set the mood? My hubby also loves chocolates, so I chose these little pre-packaged hearts. 




Valentine's Day Gift Basket Tutorial k-y love
Next, I wanted to add a little extra surprise. I knew my husband would be incredibly shocked to see that I actually added something to promote even more intimacy in our relationship! K-Y® Love is exclusive to Target for Valentine's Day! Imagine the look on your hubby's face if he saw that you shopped for an item like this and added it to his Valentine's Day gift basket!!



Valentine's Day Gift Basket Tutorial k-y love
K-Y® Love can be found in the feminine care aisle at Target. Mine is located near the pharmacy. 
And for all you Cartwheel lovers, they are offering: 10% off from 2/1-2/14 (if you are a Target shopper and you don't have Cartwheel, download the free app now...like right now!)
You can also learn more about these products here... Sensuality and Passion!








Valentine's Day Gift Basket Tutorial
Last but not least, I added a bottle of Malbec, one of my hubby's favorite wines! 


Valentine's Day Gift Basket Tutorial
I placed a little tissue paper in the bottom of the basket and then layered my items in starting with the larger items in back and smaller items in front. Wine, chocolate, candles, and K-Y® Love; what could be more romantic than that?! 
I love that this basket has the feel of Valentine's Day with traditional red and pink accent colors, but it also has a masculine feel, perfect for my husband! I know he is going to love these thoughtful little gifts and I hope he can see how much I love him on this Valentine's Day! 




Now that I have shared my Valentine's Day Gift Basket ideas with you, what would you put in a gift basket for your significant other? Mama's, how do you find time for intimacy in your relationship?




4 comments:

  1. Oh what a great idea to find a masculine way to create a gift basket for your husband filled with things you know he'll like. I love how you dressed up so many of the items in there. #client

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally copied this today! Where'd you find the trail mix? Target?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kara, the best compliment is when someone is so inspired by my posts, they do it themselves!! Thank you so much! Yes, the Valentine's Day trail mix is from Target in the VDAY section! :)

      Delete