Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

It's "cool" to be 2!

 
Well another year has flown by and my baby boy is already 2! When I was trying to think of a party theme for this years bash, I decided to make a list of all the things Liam loves right now. I knew he loved trains, cars, animals, etc. but one thing in particular stuck out in my mind...Happy Feet! This child is sooooo obsessed with the movie Happy Feet. We watch it 4-5 times a day and I AM NOT over-exaggerating!
So, the theme was set, but my next task was how to take a Happy Feet themed party and make sure it wasn't corny! If you are a frequent reader of my blog posts, you already know that I am not a fan of corny baby/kid stuff. So, how do you take a movie where penguins sing and dance and turn it into a classy kid party? Well, here is what I came up with!


This is the invitation I designed for the party. I chose a modern color scheme of black, white, orange, and light blue. I added modern patterns such as herringbone and stripes. The penguin image is also a simple modern design. These are now available in my Etsy store as well! And starting today if you see any item on my blog that is for sale in my Etsy store, you can use code STYLEWISE and get 20% off your entire order!
 
 
I came across these black tin mini buckets with white board stripe in the $1 section at Target. I knew the moment I saw them that I could somehow turn them into penguin favor tins for the kids! I bought a bag of eyes at the dollar store and some orange scrapbook paper. From there it was all too simple! A little cutting and hot glue, and you have a penguin! I just added the names of each guest on the sides! They turned out so cute and ended up being my favorite thing for the party!

For snacks we had powdered donut holes (snowballs) and goldfish crackers (since we all know penguins eat fish) :)


I also bought these clear cups at the dollar store and filled them with blue jello and swedish fish, so each little penguin (guest) could fish for their own fish!

Now this is where I am totally not afraid to make fun of myself. I was determined to make these penguin cake pops I saw on Pinterest. I feel like cake and cupcakes are so overdone lately and I just wanted to do a different dessert! Well, you can see how that turned out! LOL! Let's just say that condensation and edible food markers don't mix!
If you haven't been to pinterestfail.com, you must! Their motto is 'where good intentions come to die' lol. These are hilarious!
 
Continuing with the water theme, we had a kiddie pool, a sprinkler, and squirt guns for the kiddos to play with!

 

Here is a sweet shot of me and my birthday boy!

The kids had a blast playing in the water!
 
This was such a fun, simple party and Liam loved it! You don't have to go overboard with a theme to make it stand out. We had a few key items that showed what the theme was and that was enough! I hope our fun Happy Feet party inspires you for your next event!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment