Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Harvest Time!

  Fall is one of my favorite times of the year! When Texas finally starts to cool down, I can break out my fall boots, sip hot lattes on the couch in the mornings, and decorate my mantle with fall decor!
That's exactly what I want to share with you today! For those of you who know me well, know that I can't stand Halloween and we do not celebrate it here in my family, so I tend to participate in Fall Harvest instead!
A friend of mine and I were recently inspired by a photo we saw on Pinterest, so we decided to have a craft day and make our own version! Now trying to do a cut, paint, iron, glue, etc. type craft while we had 2 little ones under 17 months running around may not have been the best plan, lol, but we did it!
 
Here is the finished product!
 
 
I love the fall trend this year of using lots of white and then small pops of color! I bought the empty wood frame at Hobby Lobby for $15. We used linen scraps to cut out the flags and then glued them to a strand of jute. The pumpkins are from the dollar store! They were orange styrofoam, so we just spray painted them white and then used a stencil to paint on the letters. Overall the project only cost about $20! The white candle sticks I already had, so I added them for balance on the mantle and topped them with brown wicker pumpkins!
 
 
This is the Pinterest photo we were inspired by from A Diamond in the Stuff!
 
 
I also added little vases around the house filled with pine cones and small pumpkins.
 

It's so easy to fill a clear vase and wrap the base with garland!
 
I hope you are inspired by one of these projects just like I was! Having these things in my home make it feel so warm and cozy for fall!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment