Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

The BEST cookies I have ever made!



I love all sweets, but there are 2 flavor combinations that make my mouth salivate every time...dark chocolate raspberry and milk chocolate orange. So, when I came across this recipe for Orange Chocolate Cake Cookies I had to try them!

I have such fond memories of my grandma taking us shopping at the mall and she would always want to stop at See's Candy Store. The one thing I ordered every time were those chocolate orange bars. They were filled with orange gel and covered in milk chocolate. Mmmmm!

These cookies have the exact same flavor and are even better than those bars! So, if you like Chocolate Orange, you MUST try these!

Cookie:

1 box triple fudge chocolate cake mix

2 eggs

1/3C vegetable oil

*Mix together in bowl until a ball of dough forms. Scoop out 1" balls, roll in your hand, and place on cookie sheet (if they are sticking to your hand, rub a little butter on your palms). Bake at 350 for 7 minutes. Stick a toothpick into the center of one of the cookies, if it comes out almost clean then take them out. They will continue to cook on the cookie sheet. Allow them to cool 10 min on the sheet and then 5 min on a cooling rack.


Orange Filling:

1/2C Butter (softened)

4T Milk

1 1/2 tsp. Orange Extract

2C Powdered sugar

2 drops yellow food coloring

2 drops red food coloring

*Mix together with a mixer until you get a smooth frosting. You can add more milk a tablespoon at a time to thin it out if needed. Spoon onto each cookie covering the surface.


Chocolate Topping:

2C Hershey's Chocolate Chips

1/2C Butter

*Melt together and then spread over the orange filling on cookie.


These cookies are so incredibly soft and gooey even after they cool and harden. I've never made anything like them and they turned out to be a big hit in my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment