Pages

Saturday, March 14, 2015

What's In My Hospital Bag + a Few More!

 

Hospital packing list
Having your third baby definitely gives you the chance to implement all of the things you have learned from the previous two. This includes what I decided to pack for the hospital. With my first baby, I over packed and didn't use half of what I brought, and with my second, I didn't pack much and could have used some more necessities. So, this time around, I was going to get it right!

Here are a few of my favorite items from my hospital bag!


1. Nursing gown and robe-This outfit was not only cute for when I had visitors, but it was so comfortable and easy to use! I even brought 2 sets! They come in cute colors such as Navy, Teal, and Pink stripes! You can find them at Buy Buy Baby.  
2. My Brest Friend Nursing Pillow-With my previous 2 boys, I used the Boppy and complained the entire time I nursed that there was no support, so this time around I was going to try something different and I definitely made the right decision! This pillow has amazing support! Don't get me wrong, the Boppy is great for learning to sit, tummy time, etc. but when it comes to nursing, My Brest Friend is the one to beat!
3. Infant Sleep Gowns-I swear by these! For the first 2 months, this is all my babies wear at night. They make for quick and easy diaper changes when you are up at 2am and can barely see straight lol. No zippers, no buttons, no fuss! 
4. Laura Mercier Bare Pink Lip Gloss- I decided to keep my makeup minimal this time around and this is one of my favorite glosses when I want just a slight hint of pink color.
5. Nikon D40-I am in no way a photographer, but having this camera has made taking great photos so fool proof! We took so many great photos at the hospital, I can't wait to share them with you!
6. Sleep Mask-When you are recovering in post-partum, there is always someone coming in to check on you and your baby, lights being turned on, hallway lights, bathroom lights, etc. I loved having this sleep mask to block all of that out and try to get just a little more sleep!
7. Nivea Kiss of Moisture-Lip balm is a must for me no matter where I am. I cannot sleep without it. I recently discovered this brand and I love it! It keeps my lips moisturized all night long!!
8. L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara-In keeping with my minimal makeup plan, I packed my favorite mascara(of the moment-it's drugstore too!) My go to minimal makeup look is always a pink gloss and a coat of mascara.
9. Socks-My feet are always cold, and when you are in the hospital, its not like you are going to wear shoes everytime you get out of bed! I found these cute Betsy Johnson socks on clearance at Tuesday Morning. Why not do a fun/funky sock to make you feel good while you are stuck in bed for 3 days!?
10. Lansinoh Lanolin Cream-This cream is my holy grail of breast feeding. I truly believe that this cream along with the proper teaching of nursing techiniques is the reason why I have had such successful breast feeding in the past. If you are nursing, this is a MUST HAVE!
11. Disposable Nursing Pads-Once your milk does come in, you are going to want these breast pads in your nursing bra! Plus they are disposable, so you can toss them as often as you need to. For all you Grey's Anatomy fans, we don't want a Miranda Bailey moment when your milk lets down and your shirt becomes soaked in minites-how embarrassing!


There are 2 more things that I just have to share with y'all!!

Medela Breast Pump
Did you know that every expecting mom with medical insurance can order a FREE breast pump?! All you have to do is call your insurance and find out who you need to order it through! There are also quite a few different pumps to choose from. I chose this Medela pump because when my second son was in the NICU, this is the pump they let me use and I fell in love with it! And now I have my own! It takes about a month from ordering the pump until you receive it, so make sure you give yourself enough time!





Kindii Breastfeeding system
This has become my favorite new baby item by far!! It is the NEW Kindii breastfeeding system. The starter kit is shown here in this photo. It comes with everything you need to get started! Let me explain how it works...
It comes with over 10 different pump attachments that screw right onto your pump, you then screw on the disposable bag and pump directly into the bag. The bag is then removed and a seal tight, screw on lid is placed on the top. You can store your milk in the refrigerator or freezer. Remove a bag from the fridge, place it into the Kindii warmer (must be purchased separately), place the bag into the bottle form, add the nipple (starter kit comes with 3 nipples; slow, medium, and fast), and feed! Then toss the bag in the trash! It is such an easy to use, step by step breast feeding system! No more washing a ton of parts too!! If you are breastfeeding, you need this!! You can find Kindii on Target.com

I hope this has been a helpful post for all you mommas; expecting, new, and experienced!







No comments:

Post a Comment