Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Fabulous Foundation

 As you know, the whole reason for this blog and my design company is to provide you all with as much information as I can so you can live the most stylish life on a wise budget! Hence the name Style with Wisdom. This week I want to share with you a new makeup product that I have come to LOVE! Now, the photo below is a terrible photo of myself without any makeup on so brace yourself...lol. But, I do feel that it is important for women to see each other in a not-so-glamorous state. At least 3 days out of the week I am in sweat pants, no makeup, and my hair in a bun.

We strive to look like the models in magazines, but we all know that those women have a team of makeup artists, professional photographers, and PHOTO SHOP!! I promise you that the photo below was NOT touched with photo shop except to split the 2 images and add the product on the side. This is a true before and after.

I have my parents to thank for my blemish-free skin and I feel so blessed to have never had to deal with acne problems or scarring. But, I am a girly-girl down to my core and I love to play with makeup. I have worn all kinds of foundation since I was in my young teens. I am always striving for that poreless, smooth, even tone. I have tried creams, liquids, pressed foundations, and tinted moisturizers. Brand names from Cover Girl at only $5 per bottle to Bobbi Brown at $50 a bottle and everything in between.

I recently saw an episode of Nate Berkus where celebrity makeup artist, Carmindy (makeup artist for What Not to Wear), took an audience member into a drug store to prove that there are the same ingredients in the $5 products and the $50 department store products. I have been waiting to hear someone say this for years!

I finally felt like I could stop worrying about the cost and the brand name and just focus on what worked best.

About a month ago I came across a pressed foundation at ULTA. The brand is ULTA Fabulous Face Oil Free Pressed Foundation. The cost was only $12. Most of the time ULTA brand products are buy one get one free so I also purchased ULTA Foundation Primer. It was normally $12 as well. Plus, I had signed up for their free points program and I get a coupon in the mail every few weeks where you get $3.50 off a $10 or more purchase. This means that I get my 2 foundation products for ONLY $8.50!!!

Ok, ok, cost aside....this stuff is AMAZING! It is fairly thick so it really is a full coverage product. It gives my skin such a smooth, even tone, poreless base. I use a foundation brush to apply it and that way I can control how thick I want it to be. It does not feel heavy, or cakey on my face. After putting it on, the rest of my makeup is so easy! Bronzer, blush, liner, and i'm out the door!

This is the foundation primer. I put this on after my moisturizer and before the actual foundation. It only takes a small pea size drop to cover the entire face. It feels like silk on your face and really preps your face for the foundation.



Ok here it is. Now you know what I look like most of the week sitting here writing my blog...lol. But isn't the transformation incredible!? I always suggest sweeping the left over makeup on your brush down your neck and jaw line so you don't have a line there.
I really felt compelled to share this with you so you can try it too! My sister has now begun using it and she swears by it! Please let me know if you do try it and what your thoughts are, good or bad! I hope you love it as much as I do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment